Skip to Content
Service to Industry
- Member, Stakeholder's Review Group (SRG) for the Ministry of Environment, Ontario- MOE, Ontario- Review manuals for water and energy conservation for sewage works and water reclamation and reuse. 2009-2010.
- Lecturer- Short course on A-Z of Oil and Gas to Petrochemicals, Singapore- The course was offered 7 times over 5 years at various places in Singapore and attended by an average of 30 industrial participants. 2000-2005.
- SAC-SINGLAS technical assessor- Various environmental analytical companies in Singapore (about 3 labs year)- The job of a technical assessor to observe the lab-test, check the quality control programs and lab reports, notifies irregularities. 2000-2005.
- Reviewer of proposal- Ministry of Environment, Singapore- Involved in reviewing proposals for the ministry of environment. 2000-2005.
- Supreme court appointed witness- Witness for the law-suit case between Fokker Services Asia and C& A (Pte) Ltd, Singapore- Conducted lab tests to check the paint aerosol and droplet deposition in still and blowing air. Simulation of the trajectories of the droplets and writing the report for the court. 2004.
- Guest lecturer- Short course at Fort Canning Park, Singapore- Deliver lecture on Landfill for the Short Course on Geosynthetics Applications in Civil Engineering (Part 1). 1998.
Service to Profession
- Examiner of 18 PhD theses; 15 MESc theses; 2M Eng theses- Faculty of Engineering, UWO- Review and examine thesis. 2005-2010.
- Guest Editor- Special issue on “Emerging EnvironmentalTechnologies” for International Journal of Environmental Technology and Management- Responsible for attracting papers, assign review, editing the papers. 2007.
- Judge- Reg Friesen and Robert G. Auld Competitions, CSChE conference, 16-19 October- Responsible for judging the oral presentations of the graduate students. 2005.
- Member, International Committee- Water Resources Management, August 20-22, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA- Advising and reviewing papers. 2007.
- Member, organizing committee- Electrokinetic Processes in Chemical Engineering, Niagara Falls, October 2009- Coordinate the technical program, assist with the review of submitted papers, and chair some of the technical sessions at the conference. 2009.
- Member, International Committee- Cleaner Technologies and Environmental Management, 4 – 6 Jan 2007, Pondicherry, India- Advising and reviewing papers. 2006.
- Member of Organizing, Committee- ESTW 2006, Botswana- Responsible for review of articles, organizing workshop, invite key-note speakers. 2006. Member of Scientific Committee- Chemical Engineering World Congress, Glasgow, U.K- Responsible for review of articles. 2005.
- Member of Scientific Committee- US-Vietnam Scientific Conference, Hanoi, Vietnam- Responsible for review of numerous articles, conducting workshop. 2002. Session chairs- Chairing different environmental sessions in Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Australia, South Korea, India- Responsible for moderation of the presentations. 1998- 2004.
- Member of Organizing Committee- Environmental Strategies for the 21st Century-an Asia Pacific Conference, Singapore- Responsible for organization of the conference and part of the technical committee. 1998.
- Reviewer of research manuscripts (on an average of 30-40 per year)- Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., Water Res., Powder Technol., Sep. Purif. Technol., Can. J. Chem. Eng., Chem. Eng. Proces., Drying Technol., Environ. Eng., JSCE, J. Aerosol Sci, J. Hazardous Materials, Sep. Sci Technol., Toxicological Environ. Chem., J. Chem. Technol Biotechnol, Microporus and Mesoporous Materials- Review research manuscripts. 1997-2009.
- International Program Committee (IPC)- IASTED International Conference on Water Resource Management (AfricaWRM 2010), Gaborone, Botswana, September, 2010- Review conference manuscripts. 2009.
- International Advisory Committee- International Conference on Energy and Environment (ENVIROENERGY 2009), Chandigarh, India- Review conference manuscripts. 2009.
- Member Water Stakeholder, Analysis of Strategic Water Opportunities Ontario- Attend meeting, review procedures for lowering water consumption. 2009.
- Program committee for 2010 Montreal World Water Congress- Review papers for the conference. 2010.