I am currently looking for an excellent and motivated candidate for the following project (updated Summer 2020):
1. Carbon dioxide conversion in a gas-liquid-solid slurry reactor (Ph.D. project)
- Possibility to collaborate with other professors in the Department for catalyst characterization
- Recently acquired laboratory space with new infrastructure (e.g., high pressure/temperature reactor, GC-FID-TCD, TGA) will be used for this project.
- Start date: September 2020 or January 2021
If you would like to apply for this project, please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify that you have seen this information on my Western website.
I am always looking for motivated M.E.Sc. and Ph.D. students to join my research group. If you are enthusiastic about engineering research and interested in a specific opportunity in my group and/or research area (please refer to the Research page), send me an e-mail with your resume/CV and transcript.
Graduate students must meet the admission requirements. Acceptance of new students is subject to the availability of adequate funding. Students may also apply for their own funding. You can find more information using the following links:
- External Scholarships
- e.g., NSERC graduate scholarships, Ontario Graduate Scholarship, Ontario Trillium Scholarship
- Internal Scholarships
- e.g., Julie Lassonde, Ross and Jean Clark, E.G.D. Murray, Ivan Malek Scholarships
Undergraduate research projects are typically carried out via the 4th year Chemical Engineering Project/Thesis (CBE 4415), a summer NSERC USRA program, or a Western Work Study program. If you are interested, please contact me so that I can provide more details.