Consulting Engineering Projects
Served as a consultant in a variety of challenging projects both in Canada and abroad. Examples of projects include:
- Design consultant for major petrochemical plants in China, Thailand, UK, KSA, USA, Qatar and Canada.
- Design consultant for cement plants in Europe, North and South America.
- Assessment of vibration damage to buildings from construction activities (Winnipeg, MB).
- Vibration monitoring for effects of rails on office/residential buildings.
- Vibration monitoring and design of mitigation measures in industrial facilities (Kautex, Windsor, Ontario).
- Ground vibration analysis for the foundation of the Canadian Light Source (Synchrotron, Saskatoon, SK).
- Assessment of vibration problems in the vicinity of machinery NorthSide Industries (Vancouver), DuPont Canada (Kingston), CocaCola Bottling Canada (Brampton).
- Evaluation of vibration and mitigation solution for ground vibrations due to quarry blasting on foundations of a power generation plant, Siemens Westinghouse Power Corp., USA.
- Evaluation of foundation design for wind turbines (Hawaii, North Minnesota) for Barr Engineering, Spira International. Renewable Energy.
- Served as external reviewer for major projects in the oil and gas industry.
- Evaluation of seismic performance of rock pillars for mine waste containment facility, Milton.
- Provided foundation design of an oil production platform, Venezuela.
Research Projects (2015 - 2020)
|Enhancing the resilience and sustainability of critical geotechnical infrastructure||2015||2018|
|NSERC-DG||Deep foundation technologies for infrastructure development||2015||2020|
|ElRayeh||Seismic stability of MSE walls||2016||2018|
|Circle Consult||Helical piles||2017||2019|
|NSERC-EG&OCE||Innovative foundation for sound walls||2018||2019|