Maged A. Youssef
2000 Ph.D. Civil Engineering, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
1995 M.Sc. Structural Engineering, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
1992 B.Sc. Structural Engineering, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Awards and Distinctions
- 2016 Keynote Speaker, 2nd International Conference on Civil, Structural and Transportation Engineering (ICCSTE'16), Ottawa, ON, May.
- 2015 Invited Speaker, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.
- 2015 Invited Speaker, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan.
- 2014 Keynote Speaker, the Eighth Alexandria International Conference on Structural and Geotechnical Engineering (AICSGE7), Alexandria, Egypt, April.
- 2012 Expert Speaker, World of Modular Annual Convention, Orlando, Florida, March.
- 2010 Keynote Speaker, the Seventh Alexandria International Conference on Structural and Geotechnical Engineering (AICSGE7), Alexandria, Egypt, December.
- 2008 Award for Best Paper in the area of Innovative Materials, 2nd Canadian Conference on Effective Design, McMaster University, Canada.
- 2007 Faculty of Engineering R. Mohan Mathur Award for Excellence in Teaching, The University of Western Ontario, Canada.
- 2006 New Research and Scholarly Initiative Award, The University of Western Ontario, Canada.
- Registered Professional Engineer, Professional Engineers Ontario, Toronto, ON, Canada.
- ICLR Research Associate.
- Committee Member:
- CSCE Structures Division Committee (2005-Present),
- CSCE sub-committee on steel structures (2005-Present),
- International Scientific Committee for 7th (Dec. 10-11, 2005, Dubai, UAE) and 8th (Dec. 10-12, 2007, Abu-Dhabi, UAE) International Conference on Multi-Purpose High-Rise Tower and Tall Buildings (IFHS)
- Travel Award Committee for the 9th US National and 10th Canadian Conference on Earthquake Engineering 
- ACI Committee 341- Earthquake Resistant Concrete Bridges
- ACI Committee S803- Faculty Network
- ACI Committee 216- Fire Resistance and Fire Protection of Structures
- Frequent Reviewer of Journal Papers and national and international Research Grants