Development of top-down and bottom-up processes for the synthesis of new materials at nano-scale
- Laser-assisted process for hybrid nanocomposites film deposition
- Wet chemical reaction
Multifunctional nanocomposite-based protein and chemical sensors
The biocompatible nanocomposite-based contact lens sensor has been attracting worldwide media attention;
Multifunctional nanoparticles used for the bioengineering
e.g. targeted drug delivery, etc.
- Self-assembling 2-D array of nanoparticles ( Jin Zhang, et al., “Design of Nanopaticles as Drug Carrier for Cancer Therapy”. Cancer, Genomics & Proteomics, 3, 147, (2006)).
- Magnetic core-optical shell (Jin Zhang, et al., "Iron Nanoparticles with Au Coated Superparamagnetic Nanoparticles”, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 110, 7122, (2006)).
- Optical nanocolloids (Jin Zhang, et al., Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 107; 6920, (2003)).
My Research Group
- Dr. Yi Chen (PDF)
- Andrew Tse (Graduate Student)
- Guobang Huang (Graduate Student)
- Longyi Chen (Graduate Student)
- Horace Wu (Undergraduate)
Opportunities in My Group
Are you Interested in working on nanotechnology & biomaterials engineering? Please contact Dr. Zhang for undergraduate, graduate, and post-doc positions in the Lab for Multifunctional Nanocomposites.
- Longyang Chen (PhD)
- Robert Bi (M.E.Sc.)
- Lingyun Hao (Visiting Professor)
- PeiYin (M.E.Sc.)
- Hong Hai (RA)
- Ashely Ling (co-supervised, AMBI Undergraduate Research Award)
- Rahul Sharma (co-supervised, 2012 CGS/Allergan BestStudent Award,Canadian Glaucoma Society)
- Mike Tsui (Undergraduate)
- Helen lockhart(Undergraduate)
- Anu Thomas (M.E.Sc.)
- Adrienne Willoughby(Undergraduate)
- Elvy Camesha(Undergraduate)
- Jiaxin Li (Post-doctoral Fellow)
- MuminMdAbdul (M.E.Sc.)
- Kazi Farida Akhter (M.E.Sc.,co-supervised)
- Kevin Luzak (with NSERC USRA)
- Jing Hua (visiting Professor,co-supervised)
- Yongsheng Zhang (Researcher)
- Xueru Zhang (Researcher)
- Hyung Kim (Researcher)
- Taylor Davis(Undergraduate, co-supervised)