Welcome to Biomedical Engineering at Western
The School of Biomedical Engineering at Western promotes the cooperative involvement of clinical and basic researchers in disciplines including biomaterials, biomechanics, mechatronics and imaging. Our programs encourage multidisciplinary links between Western Engineering, Health Sciences, and Science; the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Robarts Research Institute, Lawson Health Research Institute and teaching hospitals at Western University.
Explore our new Biomedical Engineering undergraduate program – a five-year concurrent degree in conjunction with a degree in a core engineering discipline. Built upon the success of the established graduate program, the undergraduate program promotes collaboration, research excellence, and a stimulating learning environment.
- Life-saving snake venom
- Improving antiepileptic drug delivery
- 12 Western scientists and scholars named Canada Research Chairs
- New tool helps cochlear implant patients hear with improved clarity
- Feature: Engaging the community in cancer research
- Alumna creates groundbreaking medical device to control blood loss
- BME grad and alumnus place top two at Mayo Clinic competition
- Medical device to manage blood loss approved by Health Canada
- Funding: Centre for Functional and Metabolic Mapping receives $2.85 million grant
- Combined forces help combat the pain and the disability of arthritis
- Excellence in Sensorimotor Neuroscience
- Governor General’s Academic Medal to Armin Geraili
- Grad’s pitch for sport science helps Blue Jays