Welcome to Biomedical Engineering at Western
The School of Biomedical Engineering at Western promotes the cooperative involvement of clinical and basic researchers in disciplines including biomaterials, biomechanics, mechatronics and imaging. Our programs encourage multidisciplinary links between Western Engineering, Health Sciences, and Science; the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Robarts Research Institute, Lawson Health Research Institute and teaching hospitals at Western University.
Explore our new Biomedical Engineering undergraduate program – a five-year concurrent degree in conjunction with a degree in a core engineering discipline. Built upon the success of the established graduate program, the undergraduate program promotes collaboration, research excellence, and a stimulating learning environment.
- Robert Koch, BME Alumnus, Combats COVID-19
- Homegrown idea looks to solve ventilator shortage
- Matthew Teeter named Petro-Canada Young Innovator
- Hanif Ladak and Cheryle Seguin named Faculty Scholars
- CBC Listen - Three-minute thesis
- London, Ont. scientist one of 21 appointees to province's highest honour
- Joint research on target for arthritis sufferers
- Regional imaging excellence at heart of partnership
- New tool developed in London, Ont. expected to drastically reduce repeat breast cancer surgeries
- Salma Dammak featured as "Next Generation Scientist"
- Knowles wins top Schulich award
- Chief resident of neurosurgery earns PhD in Biomedical Engineering
- Willing earns fellowship for promising technology