Western Engineering Student Engagement Fund (WESEF) Fund Process Guidelines and Deadlines
Project Funding Application Process: Effective: September 1, 2014
The purpose of this fund is to enhance the quality of undergraduate education in Western Engineering by supporting projects, groups, clubs and other initiatives that enrich the student learning experience. The Faculty of Engineering will make funds available on an annual basis to support undergraduate student initiatives
Applications for funding can be submitted based on the following criteria:
- For requests equal or greater than $2,000, the deadlines are October 31st and January 31st.
- For requests less than $2,000, submissions will be accepted throughout the year.
- Students must complete the Annual Plan and Funding Request Form.
- The value of the funds and awards will be determined by the WESEF Committee.
- Submissions will be accepted from all Engineering students, faculty and staff for projects that directly benefit undergraduate engineering students.
- Multiple submissions for the same project will be treated as a single submission.
- Once the proposals have been selected for funding, the distribution of funds will be coordinated through the Director of Financial Services (Engineering), in accordance with the award approvals.
WESEF Project Funding Selection Committee Membership: Dean of Engineering, Director of Finance, Director, External.
All equipment & apparatus constructed from the awarded funds will remain the property of the Faculty of Engineering at Western for the benefit of both current and future students.