Recent Journal Publications
Libo Fan, Peng Wang, Qiuquan Guo, Zhenhua Zhang, Ming Li, Hongpei Han, Shuolu Xu, Dongxing Zhang, Zhi Zheng and Jun Yang, In-Situ Growth of Metal-Sulfide Film with Solvent-free Element-Direct Reaction: the Case of PbS on ITO, RSC Adv., Vol. 5, 88141-88148, 2015.
Naibo Zhang, Zhongliang Deng, Lingmin Shao, and Jun Yang, “Analytical Solution for Capacitance and Characteristic Impedance of CPW with Defected Structures in Signal line”, Progress In Electromagnetics Research (PIER), Vol. 54, 79-84, 2015.
Peipei Jia and Jun Yang, “Universal sensitivity of propagating surface plasmon resonance in nanostructure arrays”, Opt. Express, Vol. 23, 18658-18664, 2015.
Tingjie Li, Maxim Paliy, Xiaolong Wang, Brad Kobe, W. M. Lau, Jun Yang, "Facile One-step Photolithographic Method for Engineering Hierarchically Nano/micro-structured Transparent Superamphiphobic Surfaces", ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, Vol. 7 (20), 10988–10992, 2015.
Libo Fan, Peng Wang, Qiuquan Guo, Yan Lei, Ming Li, Hongpei Han, Dongluo Yang, Haifeng Zhao, Zhi Zheng, Jun Yang, "Improved Stoichiometry and Photoanode Efficiency of Thermally Evaporated CdS film with Quantum Dots as Precursor", Nanotechnology, 26(33):335606, 2015.
Xiaobing Cai, Gengkai Hu and Jun Yang, “Optimization on microlattice materials for sound absorption by an integrated transfer matrix method”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 137, EL334-339, 2015.
Libo Fan, Peng Wang, Qiuquan Guo, Hongpei Han, Ming Li, Zifa Chen, Haifeng Zhao, Dongxing Zhang, Zhi Zheng and Jun Yang, “Ultrasound-modulated microstructure of PbS film in ammonia-free chemical bath deposition”, RSC Adv., Vol. 5, 10018-10025, 2015.
Shaolin Zhou, MingjunHu, Qiuquan Guo, Xiaobing Cai, Xiangmin Xu and Jun Yang, “Solvent-transfer assisted photolithography of high-density and high-aspect-ratio superhydrophobic micropillars array”, J. Micromech. Microeng. 25 025005, 2015.
Jian Gu, MingjunHu, Qiuquan Guo, Zhifeng Ding, Xueliang Sun, Jun Yang, “High-yield Synthesis of Graphene Quantum Dots with Strong Green Photoluminescence”, RSC Adv., Vol. 4, 50141-50144, 2014.
Qiuquan Guo, Maxim Paliy, Brad Kobe, Tomas Trebicky, Natalie Suhan, Gilles Arsenault, Lorenzo Ferrari, and Jun Yang, “Characterization of Cross-linking Depth for Thin Polymeric Films using Atomic Force Microscopy”, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., Vol. 132, 41493, 2014.
Xiaobing Cai, Qiuquan Guo, Gengkai Hu, Jun Yang, "Ultrathin low-frequency sound absorbing panels based on coplanar spiral tubes or coplanar Helmholtz resonators", Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 105, 121901, 2014.
Maxim Paliy, Styliani Consta, Jun Yang, “Interactions Between Carbon Nanoparticles in a Droplet of Organic Solvent”, J. Phys. Chem. C, Vol. 118, 16074–16086, 2014.
Peipei Jia, Jun Yang, “A plasmonic optical fiber patterned by template transfer as high-performance flexible nanoprobe for real-time biosensing”, Nanoscale, Vol. 6, 8836-8843, 2014.
Shaolin Zhou, Song Hu, Yongqi Fu, Xiangmin Xu, and Jun Yang, “Moiré interferometry with high alignment resolution in proximity lithographic process”, Applied Optics, Vol. 53, 951-959, 2014.
Xiaolong Wang, Qiuquan Guo, Xiaobing Cai, Shaolin Zhou, Brad Kobe, Jun Yang, “Initiator integrated 3D printing enabling complex metallic architectures”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol. 6, 2583–2587, 2014. (Front Cover).
Tengyuan Zhang, Xiaolong Wang, Tingjie Li, Qiuquan Guo and Jun Yang, “Fabrication of flexible copper-based electronics with high-resolution and high-conductivity on paper via inkjet printing”, J. Mater. Chem. C. , Vol. 2, 286-294, 2014.
Tomas Trebicky, Patrick Crewdson, Maxim Paliy, Igor Bello, Heng-Yong Nie, Zhi Zheng, Xiaoli Fan, Jun Yang, Elizabeth R. Gillies, Changyu Tang, Hao Liu, Ka Wai Wong, Woon Ming Lau, Cleaving C H bonds with hyperthermal H2: facile chemistry to cross-link organic molecules under low chemical- and energy-loads, Green Chem. Vol. 16, 1316-1325, 2014.
- Peipei Jia, Zhaoliang Yang, Jun Yang, Heike Ebendorff-Heidepriem, “Quasiperiodic nanohole arrays on optical fibres as plasmonic sensors: fabrication and sensitivity determination”, ACS Sensors, in press, 2016.
- Peng Wang, Libo Fan, Qiuquan Guo, Hongcai Shi, Liwen Wang, Yujian Liu, Ming Li, Chunli Zhang, Jun Yang, Zhi Zheng, “Oxygen modulation of flexible PbS/Pb Schottky junction PEC cells with improved photoelectric performance”, Nanotechnology, in press.
- Xiangping Wen, Lihong Shi, Guangming Wen, Yanyan Li, Chuan Dong, Jun Yang, Shaomin Shuang, “Green and Facile Synthesis of Nitrogen-doped Carbon Nanodots for Multicolor Cellular Imaging and Co2+ Sensing in Living Cells”, Sensors and Actuators B, Vol. 235, 179-187, 2016
- Wen-Jia Zhang, Li Fan, Zeng-Bo Lia, Ting Ou, Hua-Jin Zhai, Jun Yang, Chuan Dong, Shao-Min Shuang, “Thiazole-based ratiometric fluorescence pH probe with large Stokes shift for intracellular imaging”, Sensors and Actuators B, Vol. 233, 566–573, 2016
- Mingjun Hu, Naibo Zhang, Qiuquan Guo, Xiaobing Cai, Shaolin Zhou, Jun Yang, “Soluble salt-driven matrix swelling of block copolymer for rapid fabrication of conductive elastomer toward highly stretchable electronics”, Materials and Design, Vol. 100, 263–270, 2016.
- Naibo Zhang, Mingjun Hu, Lingmin Shao, Jun Yang, “Localization of Printed Chipless RFID in 3-D Space”, IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 26, 373-375, 2016
- Tengyuan Zhang, Mingjun Hu, Yu Liu, Qiuquan Guo, Xiaolong Wang, Wei Zhang, Woon-Ming Lau, and Jun Yang, “A Laser Printing Based Approach for Printed Electronics”, Appl. Phys. Lett. Vol. 108, 103501, 2016.
- Naibo Zhang, Qiuquan Guo, Jun Yang, “The development of digital printing technologies for flexible electronics devices”, Sci. Sin-Phys Mech Astron, Vol. 46, 044608, 2016. (invited review)
- Jian Gu, Xiaoping Zhang, Aimin Pang, Jun Yang, “Facile Synthesis and Photoluminescence Characteristics of Blue Emission Nitrogen-doping Graphene Quantum Dots”, Nanotechnology, Vol. 27, 165704, 2016.
- Mingjun Hu, Qiuquan Guo, Tengyuan Zhang, Shaolin Zhou, and Jun Yang, “SU-8-induced strong bonding of Polymer Ligands to Flexible Substrates via In Situ Cross-Linked Reaction for Improved Surface Metallization and Fast Fabrication of High-Quality Flexible Circuits”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, Vol. 8(7), 4280-6, 2016
- Maxim Paliy, Tomas Trebicky, Qiuquan Guo, Brad Kobe, Natalie Suhan, Gilles Arsenault, Lorenzo Ferrari, and Jun Yang, “Nonmonotonic piezoresistive effect in elastomeric composite films”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 133 (23), 43518, 2016.
- Sicong Liu, Mingjun Hu, Jun Yang, “A facile way of fabricating a flexible and conductive cotton fabric”, J. Mater. Chem. C, Vol. 4 , 1320-1325, 2016
- Colleen N. Biggs, Khurram M. Siddiqui, Ali A. Al-Zahrani, Siddika Pardhan, Sabine I. Brett, Qiu Q. Guo, Jun Yang, Philipp Wolf, Nicholas E. Power, Paul N. Durfee, Connor D. MacMillan, Jason L. Townson, Jeffrey C. Brinker, Neil E. Fleshner, Jonathan I. Izawa, Ann F. Chambers, Joseph L. Chin, and Hon S. Leong, Prostate extracellular vesicles in patient plasma as a liquid biopsy platform for prostate cancer using nanoscale flow cytometry, Oncotarget., In press, 2016
- Mingjun Hu, Xiaobing Cai, Qiuquan Guo, Bin Bian, Tengyuan Zhang, and Jun Yang, “Direct Pen Writing of Adhesive Particle-Free Ultrahigh Silver Salt-Loaded Composite Ink for Stretchable Circuits”, ACS Nano, Vol. 10, 396-404, 2015.
Highlight in research news:
Qiuquan Guo, Xiaobing Cai, Xiaolong Wang and Jun Yang, “Paintable 3D printed structures via post-ATRP process with antimicrobial function for biomedical applications”, J. Mater. Chem. B, Vol. 1, 6644-6649, 2013.
Nour W Ghonaim, Graham M Fraser, Christopher G Ellis, Jun Yang, Daniel Goldman, “Modeling steady state SO2-dependent changes in capillary ATP concentration using novel O2 micro-delivery methods”, Frontiers in Computational Physiology and Medicine, 4;260, 2013.
Hamid Reza Aghayan, Evgueni Bordatchev and Jun Yang, “Object shape-based optical sensing methodology and system for condition monitoring of contaminated engine lubricants”, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 54, 128-138, 2013.
Shaolin Zhou, Changqing Xie, Yong Yang, Song Hu, Xiangmin Xu, Jun Yang, “Moiré-based phase imaging scheme for in-plane twist angle sensing and adjustment”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 25, 1847 – 1850, 2013.
Xiaolong Wang, Xiaobing Cai, Qiuquan Guo, Tengyuan Zhang, Brad Kobe and Jun Yang, “i3DP, a robust 3D printing approach enabling genetic post-printing surface modification”, Chem. Commun., Vol.49, 10064-10066, 2013. (Front Cover)
Highlight in research news:
Hao Jiang, Tingjie Li, Jun Yang, Silvia Mittler, Jashri Sabarinathan, “Optimizing gold nanoring arrays for biosensing in the fiber-optic communication window", Nanotechnology, Vol. 24, 465502, 2013.
Binyu Yu, Woon Ming Lau and Jun Yang, “Preparation and characterization of N-TiO2 photocatalyst with high crystallinity and enhanced photocatalytic inactivation of bacteria”, Nanotechnology, 24(33):335705, 2013
Xiaobing Cai, Qiuquan Guo, Gengkai Hu and Jun Yang, "Particle focusing in a microchannel with acoustic metafluid", Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 103, 031901, 2013.
Peipei Jia and Jun Yang, "Integration of large-area metallic nanohole arrays with multimode optical fibers for surface plasmon resonance sensing", Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 102, 243107, 2013.
Kar Man Leung, Greg Wanger, Mohamed El-Naggar, Yuri Gorby, Gordon Southam, Woon Ming Lau and Jun Yang, "Shewanella oneidensis MR-1 Bacterial Nanowires Exhibit P-type, Tunable Electronic Behaviour", Nano Letters, Vol. 13, 2407–2411, 2013
Tingjie Li, Yaxi Fan, Yang Cheng, Jun Yang, "An Electrochemical Lab-on-a-CD System for Parallel Whole Blood Analysis", Lab Chip, Vol. 13, 2634 - 2640, 2013.
Xiaolong Wang, Tengyuan Zhang, W. M. Lau, Jun Yang, "Grafting polyelectrolytes to hydrocarbon surfaces by hyperthermal hydrogen induced cross-linking for making metallized polymer films", Chem. Comm. Vol. 49, 4658-4660, 2013
Peipei Jia, Hao Jiang, Jayshri Sabarinathan and Jun Yang, "Plasmonic nanohole array sensors fabricated by template transfer with improved optical performance", Nanotechnology, Vol. 24, 195501, 2013.
Xiaolong Wang, Tingjie Li, Jillian Adams and Jun Yang, “Transparent, stretchable, carbon-nanotube-inlaid conductors enabled by standard replication technology for capacitive pressure, strain and touch sensors”, J. Mater. Chem. A, Vol. 1, 3580-3586, 2013.
Hamid Reza Aghayan, Evgueni Bordatchev and Jun Yang, "Experimental characterization of contaminants in engine lubricants using surface plasmon resonance sensing", Industrial Lubrication and Tribology, Vol. 65 Iss: 1, pp.61 – 68, 2013.
Tingjie Li, Falong Jia, Yaxi Fan, Zhifeng Ding,Jun Yang, “Fabrication of Nanoporous Thin-film Working Electrodes and their Biosensing Applications Biosensors and Bioelectronics”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Vol.42，5-11，2012
Xiangliang Jin, Zhibi Liu, Jun Yang, “A New Flash ADC Scheme with Maximal 13bit Variable Resolution and Reduced Clipped Noise for High Performance Imaging Sensor”, IEEE sensors Journal, Vol. 13, 167-171, 2012.
Hao Jiang, Tingjie Li, Erden Ertorer, Jun Yang, Jayshri Sabarinathan, Silvia Mittler, “A Biosensor based on Periodic Arrays of Gold Nanodisks under Normal Transmission”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 189, 474-480, 2012.
Yaxi Fan, Tingjie Li, W. M. Lau and Jun Yang, “A rapid hot-embossing prototyping approach using SU-8 molds coated with metal and anti-stick coatings”, IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 21, 875-881, 2012
Jie He, Binyu Yu, Matt J. Hourwitz, Yijing Liu, Maria Teresa Perez, Jun Yang, Zhihong Nie, “Wet-chemical synthesis of amphiphilic rodlike silica particles and their molecular-mimetic assembly in selective solvents”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Vol. 51, 3628-3633, 2012,
Solmaz Karamdoust, Binyu Yu, Colin V. Bonduelle, Yu Liu, Greg Davidson, Goran Stojcevic, Jun Yang, Woon M. Lau and Elizabeth R. Gillies "Preparation of Antibacterial Surfaces by Hyperthermal Hydrogen Induced Cross-linking of Polymer Thin Films", Journal of Materials Chemistry, Vol. 22, 4881-4889, 2012.
Qiuquan Guo, Ying Xia, Martin Sandig and Jun Yang, "Characterization of cell elasticity correlated with cell morphology by atomic force microscope", Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 45(2), 304-309, 2012.
Hamid Reza Aghayan, Evgueni Bordatchev and Jun Yang, "Two methodologies for optical analysis of contaminated engine lubricants", Measurement Science and Technology, Vol. 23 015202, 2012.
Mei Liu, Ying Chen, Qiuquan Guo, Ruying Li, Xueliang Sun, Jun Yang, "An Economic Method for Large-Scale Patterning and Electric Measurement of Nanowires", Journal of Nanoelectronics and Optoelectronics, Vol. 6, 144-151, 2011.
K. M. Leung, G. Wanger, Q. Q. Guo, Y. Gorby, G. Southam, W. M. Lau and J. Yang, “Bacterial nanowires: conductive as silicon, soft as polymer”, Soft Matter, Vol.7, 6617-6621, 2011
Mei Liu, Ying Chen, Qiuquan Guo, Ruying Li, Xueliang Sun, Jun Yang, "Controllable positioning and alignment of nanowires by programmable hydrodynamic focusing", Nanotechnology, Vol. 22, 125302, 2011 (highlighted paper). http://nanotechweb.org/cws/article/lab/45473
Yu Liu, De-Quan Yang, H. Y. Nie, W. M. Lau and Jun Yang, "Study of a Hydrogen-bombardment Process for Molecular Cross-linking within Thin Films", J. Chem. Phys., Vol. 134, 074704, 2011.
X. L. Jin, Yu Liu and Jun Yang, "Design, characterization and evaluation of high performance 2.8 μm pitch zero space microlens", Optics Communications, Vol. 284, 2357-2362, 2011.
Binyu Yu, Kar Man Leung, Qiuquan Guo, W. M. Lau and Jun Yang, "Synthesis of Ag-TiO2 composite nano-film for antimicrobial application", Nanotechnology, Vol. 22, 115603, 2011.
Yu Liu, Kar Man Leung, H. Y. Nie, W. M. Lau and Jun Yang,"A New AFM Nanotribology Method Using a T-Shape Cantilever with an Off-Axis Tip for Friction Coefficient Measurement with Minimized Abbé Error." Tribology Letters, Volume 41, Number 1, 313-318, 2011.
X. L. Jin and J. Yang, “Analysis of Low-Dark-Current, High-Sensitivity, Low-Optical-Crosstalk and Small-Pixel-Size Pinned Photodiode with No-Gap Microlens”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 22, 1556-1558, 2010.
Mohamed Y. El-Naggar, Greg Wanger, Kar Man Leung, Thomas D. Yuzvinsky, Gordon Southam, Jun Yang, Woon Ming Lau, Kenneth H. Nealson & Yuri A. Gorby, "Electrical Transport Along Bacterial Nanowires from Shewanella oneidensis MR-1", Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., Oct;107(42):18127-31, 2010.
Tingjie Li, Limin Zhang, Kar Man Leung and Jun Yang, “Out-of-plane microvalves for whole blood separation on Lab-on-a-CD”, J. Micromech. Microeng., Vol. 20:105024, 2010.
X. L. Jin, X. P. Fan, Z. B. Liu, Z. Q. Kuang, J. Cheng, J. Chen, Y. Liu, Jun Yang, “Measurement of High Sensitivity and Low Crosstalk of Zero Space Microlens for 2.8 um Pitch Active Pixel Sensor”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 57, 415 - 421, 2010.
X. L. Jin, X. P. Fan, Z. B. Liu, Z. Q. Kuang, Jun Yang, “Sensitivity and Crosstalk Study of the Zero Gap Microlens used in 3.2 um Active Pixel Image Sensor”, Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 87, 631-634, 2010.