Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada (2005)
Master of Engineering, Astronautical Engineering and Mechanics, Harbin Institute of Technology, China (1999)
Bachelor of Science, Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China, (1994)
Dr. Jiang is currently a professor in the Mechanical & Materials Engineering department at Western University. Dr. Jiang received her B.Sc. in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics from the University of Science and Technology of China in 1994, Master of Engineering degree specialized in Solid Mechanics from Harbin Institute of Technology (China) in 1999, and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Alberta (Canada) in 2005.
Before she joined Western University as an assistant professor in 2006, Dr. Jiang worked as an NSERC PDF in Mechanical Science and Engineering Department at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Jiang was promoted to associate professor and full professor in 2012 and 2018, respectively. Dr. Jiang was the holder of the NSERC University Faculty award (2006 to 2011) and Petro-Canada Young Innovator Award (2011-2012).
Dr. Jiang’s research focuses on theoretical modeling and numerical simulation to develop mechanics and physics models for challenging problems related to materials behavior, ranging from traditional composites, to smart materials, and to nanostructured materials. Research topics include multiphysics modeling on smart materials and soft matters for transduction technology applications, computational mechanics modeling on composites, nanomechanics, and failure analysis of advanced materials.
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
- Petro-Canada Young Innovator Award (2011-2012)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) University Faculty Award (UFA) (2006-2011)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Post-Doctoral Fellowship (2005-2006)
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- Professor 2018-present: Department of Mechanical & Materials Engineering, The University of Western Ontario.
- Associate professor 2012-2018: Department of Mechanical & Materials Engineering, The University of Western Ontario.
- Assistant professor 2006-2012: Department of Mechanical & Materials Engineering, The University of Western Ontario.
- Postdoctoral fellow 2005-2006: Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.