The Faculty of Engineering is committed to increasing the diversity of Canadian workforce in the engineering and technology sector, especially, the participation from Indigenous and Black communities.
As part of Western Engineering's efforts to encourage, mentor, support and enhance the preparation of tomorrow’s diverse leaders in academia and industry, the Faculty is offering the Indigenous and Black Engineering/Technology (IBET) Momentum Fellowship to attract and financially support highly qualified domestic applicants who identify as Indigenous or Black.
Value of Award
Two awards per year. Each award, $25,000 per year for a maximum of 4 years or 12 terms.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Self-identify as Indigenous to Canada (First Nations, Inuit or Métis) or Black (African-Canadian, Caribbean-Canadian, or Afro-Caribbean heritage)
- Meet the admission requirements of the PhD program in the Faculty of Engineering
- Students currently in the Master’s or Bachelor’s program are also eligible to apply
- Applicants must submit a separate application for the IBET fellowship.
- The application package includes:
- The application deadline is April 30, 2022 (for the May or September 2022 start date of the award).
- Applications received after the deadline will be taken into consideration for the next round.