Western Engineering students honoured at Scholar Athlete Luncheon
Western Engineering News | December 4, 2014
By Jason Teakle
As Western Engineering's top students hone their skills in the lab, many also take their talents to the track, pool, rink or court on varsity sports teams.
Twenty-five engineering students, who achieved averages of 80 per cent or higher in their academic year while competing in a campus athletics, were honoured for their dedication to both school and sports during the Scholar Athlete Luncheon held on Nov. 20.
Western Engineering Dean Andrew Hrymak, who attended the event to congratulate students, said the accomplishments of these students are impressive.
"Western Engineering is proud of the strong dedication shown by these students to both their academic and athletic commitments," said Hrymak. "To achieve high marks while deeply involved in campus athletics is no easy task, and these students are very deserving of our congratulations on their achievements."
The Western Engineering Scholar Athletes are as follows:
• Nolan Anderson, Baseball
• Hunter Andrin, Cross Country/ Track & Field
• Mandolin Bartling, Tennis
• Alexandra Bruce, Badminton
• Meaghann Buitinga, Rugby
• Allen Chee, Badminton
• Matt Clarke, Hockey
• Natalie Connell, Rowing
• Samantha Farrow, Water Polo
• Genevieve Favreau, Rowing
• Omar Fayoumi, Track & Field
• Michael Giorgi, Track & Field
• Nathan Gonsalves, Curling
• Armin Gurdic, Rugby
• Michael Hockin, Rowing
• Colton Horan, Lacrosse
• Justin Lam, Rugby
• Jamie Leidl, Volleyball
• Clarissa Luo, Figure Skating
• Caitlin Mancuso, Lacrosse
• David Nisenbaum, Wrestling
• Daniel Paulson, Badminton
• Taylor Rivers, Lacrosse
• Hilary Stone, Cross Country/ Track & Field
• Joshua Weinstein, Track & Field