Desktop Reservation System
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I receive a message stating “You do not have a reservation for this computer. You will be logged off. Please visit https://pcbooking.eng.uwo.ca to reserve a lab PC.”
Double check the reservation date and time that you’ve made to ensure you've booked it for the correct time. You should receive an email verifying your booking selection time as well.
If you are unsure, you can cancel your existing reservation here and book another using the Book Right Away button. You will receive a new email / link to connect with.
2. I’m attempting to book a lab computer but when I click the Book Right Away button, I either get a message stating “No PC is available at the requested date/time, please select another day and time.” or nothing happens at all.
Please clear your browser's cache and cookies and try again. If needed, please try an alternate browser as well. There is a limit to the number of devices available at any time. If clearing the cache / cookies, or alternate browser do not work, either try again later or look to make a future reservation.
3. I am encountering the below error message when attempting to download the Pulse Secure client for Mac OSx: "PulseSecure.pkg" cannot be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
Please follow this link for help on opening the file.
4. I'm unable to open the RDP file I received.
Mac users – Please use the Microsoft Remote Desktop application found on the Apple store. It can be found here
Windows users – If you are asked what application you want to use to open this file, please select the Remote Desktop Connection application.
5. The remote session is really slow.
Please follow the instructions here to disable Juniper Network Services.
6. I'm not sure how to fill out the desktop reservation fields.
Fill out the required fields using the information below:
- Lab – Select Engineering General Lab
- Date – Select a date you would like to set for the reservation
- Start Hour – Select the hour when you would like the reservation to start
- End Hour – Select the hour when you would like the reservation to end
7. I am encountering the below error message when attempting to connect to a lab computer I reserved.
“Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting later or contact your system administrator for assistance.”
Please ensure you are connected to the VPN using the Pulse Secure client. Steps to connect to the VPN are located here
8. I am still encounter issues and cannot connect to my reserved computer:
Please reach out to the ITG helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.