Projects undertaken by Prof Castle have involved many of significant importance to industry including: manufacturing (electrostatic painting), the environment (air and water pollution control), agriculture (electrostatic crop spraying), copying and printing (electrophotography), recycling (plastics separation) and electrostatic coating (coated abrasives).
Currently active projects include:
- Numerical modeling of the Trichel pulses in negative corona
- 3-D simulation of the mechanical and electrical effects in the electrostatic painting process
- Electrohydrodynamic flow fields in electrostatic precipitators
- Electric field interactions in thin dielectric films
- Electric field enhancement of heat transfer using corona
- The size dependency of the charge to mass ratio in liquid paints and powder coating