Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, McGill University (1998)
M.Eng. McGill University (1994)
B.A.Sc. University of Toronto (1991)
Hanif M. Ladak received his B.A.Sc. degree from the University of Toronto in 1991 and his M.Eng. degree from McGill University in 1994, both in Electrical Engineering. He received his Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Engineering from McGill University in 1998. His doctoral research focused on measuring and modeling the mechanical behavior of the middle ear. From 1997-2000, he was an NSERC postdoctoral fellow in the Imaging Research Labs at the Robarts Research Institute working on the design and testing of medical image processing algorithms.
Dr. Ladak joined the University of Western Ontario in 2000 and is currently an Associate Professor jointly appointed to the Departments of Medical Biophysics and Electrical & Computer Engineering. He is also a faculty member in Western’s Biomedical Engineering Graduate Program and is Co-Director of Research in Otolaryngology. He is affiliated with the Imaging Research Laboratories at the Robarts Research Instituteand Western’s National Centre for Audiology.
Dr. Ladak is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario.
Awards & Distinctions
- Chair’s Award of Excellence, Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, Western, 2010
- R. Mohan Mathur Award for Excellence in Teaching, Engineering, Western, 2009-2010
- Professional Engineers Medal – Young Engineer Category, Professional Engineers Ontario and Ontario Society of Professional Engineers, 2003
- 7T6 Early Career Award, University of Toronto, 2001-2002
- President & CEO, ENT Simulation Technologies, London, ON, 2010 - present
- Associate Editor, SIMULATION: Transactions of The Society for Modeling and Simulation International, 2013 – present
- Guest Editor, SIMULATION: Transactions of The Society for Modeling and Simulation International, Special issue on Surgical Simulation, 2012 – 2013