Ontario-Wide Software Engineering Capstone Projects Competition (OSECPC)
The ECE department at Western University is pleased to announce the initiation of the Ontario-Wide Software Engineering Capstone Projects Competition.
This event is a great networking opportunity in which the students can show case their competencies as demonstrated by the work they did in their projects in addition to getting inspired by the examples they see in other projects.
To register for the competition, fill-up the form available here by the 1st of July, 2020..
Based on the abstracts, the projects that will be accepted for the competition will be contacted by the 10th of July 2020.
The competition will be held entirely online via Zoom during the weekend July (17th – 19th) according to the following schedule
- Friday, July 17th (6pm-10pm) – The Kick-Off
- Saturday, July 18th (8am – 6pm) - The First Round
- Sunday, July 19th (8am – 6pm) – The Second round
The projects will be judged by the following highly skilled software engineering professionals
- Graham Watt, Director, Climate Analytics @ RBC
- Fawzy Manaa, Senior Manager @ Deloitte Canada
- Yao Zhou, Global Consulting Manager @ Deloitte Canada
- Jenna Butler, Senior Software Engineer @ Microsoft
- Omid Mola, Senior Program Manager – Azure Big Data @Microsoft
- Rui Hu, Senior Applied Scientist @ Microsoft
- Muhammad Iftekher Chowdhury, Senior Software Development Engineer @ Amazon
- Aviander Walia, Principal consultant @ Slalom