Thank you for your interest in volunteering with FIRST® events at Western Engineering. We are the host of four events:
- FIRST® LEGO® League London Competition (elementary school)
- FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Showcase (elementary school)
- FIRST® Robotics Competition — Western University District (high school)
- Western University, Faculty of Engineering FIRST® Robotics Competition Kick-Off (high school)
How to Volunteer
1. Send us an email at discover.uwo.ca. This will let us know you're interested in the event so we can help you register.
2. Sign up on the Volunteer Information Management System (VIMS). Since FIRST® events take place
- Volunteers will only need to register once;
afterwards, they can volunteer at other FIRST events (or again next year) easily.
- Once you have created an account, search for events in Ontario and select the name of the event you would like to volunteer for. There are a variety of events at Western and we want to ensure you are volunteering for the correct one.
- Select your top three preferred roles. We recommend you select from the list above or select “assign as needed."
3. Authorize a background check on your account. This will take about 10 minutes and is free. It will authorize MyBackCheck, a partner of FIRST® Canada, to complete a background check on your behalf. This is to ensure all our participants are safe. Volunteers will not be able to volunteer without doing this.
- If you have difficulty during this process, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Website photos courtesy of FIRST® Robotics Canada/Eddy Gunawan.