Served as specialist consultant in many major difficult projects both in Canada and abroad. Examples of major projects include:
- Investigation, analysis, design and construction moitoring of Billy Bishop Tunnel (Island Airport).
- Investigation, evaluation of stress conditions and rock parameters for the design of the 14.4 m Niagara Tunnel in swelling Queenston shale.
- Design and performance evaluation of the intake and discharge tunnels for Darlington Nuclear Power Plant.
- Design of rock excavation and support for the foundation of Scotia Plaza (70 stories) in Toronto.
- Analysis of large deformation in the deep excavation for the Bow, Calgary.
- Design of tunnels for water supply work under the Toronto Skydome Stadium and geotechnical design for foundations of the retractable roof (now Rogers Centre).
- Evaluation of construction performance of a 24 km tunnel through the Andes Mountains in Venezuela in rocks having high elasto-plastic time dependent deformation.
- Evaluation of interface strength of concrete dam and rock foundation for 50 dams including those of the St. Lawrence and Ottawa River systems.
- Evaluation of engineered barriers for high level radioactive nuclear waste for deep geological proposal.
- Soft clay engineering for embankments, excavations and tunnels including a subway system in Ankara, Turkey.
- Stability of high slopes in residual soils in Hong Kong and remedial measures to increase stability.
- Investigation of swelling behaviour of rocks from tunnels in USA, South America and Qatar.
- Tunnel liner evaluation of Yonge and University lines for Toronto Transit Commission and long-term remedial measures.
Back to home page