The Engineering Leadership and Innovation Speaker Series is open to all members of the Western community interested in technology-based entrepreneurial opportunities. The series is supported by the John M. Thompson Chair in Engineering Leadership and Innovation at Western Engineering.
- Upcoming Speaker is Steven Dengler, BA '93, Co-founder XE.com, will present
"What's the link between circumnavigating the globe and entrepreneurship?"
Thursday, October 19 | at 12:30pm | SEB 3109
Steven co-founded XE.com in 1993. XE is a Canadian-based online foreign exchange tools and services company best known for its online currency converter application, but offers exchange rate information and many other currency-related services. Independent ranking site Alexa ranked XE in the top 500 of all worldwide by traffic. XE.com has over 275 million unique visitors each year. Two years ago the company was sold to Euronet for over $100M.
- Michael Baldinelli, P.Eng, BESc’97, MESc’99, Principal, Large Buildings at Strik Baldinelli Moniz (SBM)
- Jennifer MacDonald, BESc’94, MESc’95, BEd’96, President, Dell Tech Laboratories
- Gary Mottershead, BESc’75, MBA’77, President, GCP Industrial Products
- Tim Fernihough, BESc/BSc’09, Co-Founder of Myplanet
- Greg Thomson, Co-founder of Big Viking Games
- Craig Follett, BESc/HBA’08, Co-founder & CEO of universe.com
- Derek L. Shipley, P.Eng, Vice President of Engineering, ZTR Control Systems
- Chris Gilpin, BESc/HBA'09, CEO and Co-Founder, Turnstyle Solutions Inc.
- Wes From, VP Engineering, Trojan Technologies
- Dennis Cocco, Founder and President of 10in6 Inc
- Dave Reed, BESc’98, Founder of Forked River Brewing Company
- Colton Hathaway, BESc’13, CEO of Inner Geek
- Ian Hasse, Director of Student Entrepreneurship at Western