ICRC faculty members, collectively, represent research expertise that spans the entire value-chain of the polymer composites industry.
Although many of our researchers have interests that span multiple categories, we have found it useful to describe our interests in terms of the following four categories:
- Polymer Chemistry
- Interfacial Properties
- Mechanical and Physical Characterization
- All aspects of processing technology from blending and extrusion, to fibre placement and moulding technologies.
- Multi-physics modeling of the mechanical and physical response of composite materials.
- Process simulation and prediction of in-mold flow characteristics.
- Development of robust design rules to facilitate rapid transfer of technology to industry.