Engineering Mentorship for Staff Members
- To provide encouragement and advice to staff members in a new role, act as a sounding board, and help with problem solving.
- To assist with networking and introductions to others in Western Engineering and the University.
- To provide information on development opportunities, including Western’s Educational Assistance Plan and other ideas for personal and professional growth.
- To point new or existing staff members to other resources/benefits available to them as a member of the Western community/Western Engineering.
How the Program Works
- Mentoring should remain separate and distinct from orientation.
- A Mentorship Resource Group of mentors will be available for new and existing staff members
- New staff members will be informed of the Mentorship Resource Group during their Faculty Orientation and invited to approach any member as they feel the need.
- Longer term staff members who are being promoted may also request a mentor.
Terms of Reference
Mentorship Resource Group Members
- Whitney Barrett, Graduate Officer, Graduate and Research Office
- Mike Gaylard, Associate Director (Facilities), Office of the Dean
- Claire Naudi, Coordinator, Undergraduate and Graduate Professional Programs, Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Eugen Porter, Technical Specialist, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Chris Vandelaar, Student Shop Manager (interim)/Research and Undergraduate Project Manager, University Machine Services
- Remington Wickman, Director (Finance), Engineering Finance & Stores
Mentorship Resources for Staff