Terms of Reference
WEAct Working Group
Communication – Recognition, Respect, Collaboration
To ensure the work and goals outlined in the original WEAct Working Group Executive Summary is continued. Specific goals include:
- Improve the culture of Western Engineering by addressing issues related to communication, respect and collaboration;
- Increase recognition for all faculty and staff.
The Working Group will consist of a Chair, two faculty members, one administrative staff member and one technical staff member. View the current membership.
Action that could arise from issues identified in the Report to the Dean:
- Provide suggested wording to update of the Engineering Values statement;
- Communicate with Dean and other leaders, identifying steps and actions that can be taken to create a culture of respect and professionalism;
- Identify steps to encourage individuals to embrace a culture of respect;
- Using the WEAct work and information from the Advocate (Ann Hutchison) identify broad issues that could be affecting culture, and recommend further actions to be taken;
- Leaders as Role Models: Identify approaches to strengthen the skills of all leaders within Western Engineering, so they may play a strong role in reshaping the culture of our Faculty;
- Examine approaches, as well as benefits and costs of supporting the awards nomination process. Provide recommendations for consideration.
- WEAct Update - Dean’s Response To WEAct Working Group Recommendations
- 2014 WEAct Working Group Members
- Table Dialogue Comments- January 2014
- WEAct Executive Summary – Report to the Dean
*Documents are located on the Western Engineering Intranet - login required