Sharon A. Ling Award of Excellence
Claire Naudi is the recipient of the 2016 Sharon A. Ling Award of Excellence for Outstanding Achievement by a Staff Member.
Staff form an integral part of the Western community. Staff members support the academic mission of Western, allowing faculty and students to devote much of their energy towards the search for truth and the application of knowledge. The University of Western Ontario recognizes the crucial role of staff. Western Engineering has been a leader in this regard. For several years now, we have offered staff recognition awards to honour the significant contributions of technical and administrative staff within our Faculty. These awards consist of a plaque and a prize, presented at the annual awards banquet.
In 2007, this award was renamed “The Sharon A. Ling Award of Excellence for Outstanding Achievement by a Staff Member” to honour and recognize Sharon Ling, a long-time staff member in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering. Sharon was a staff member who passionately dedicated her time and energy for the betterment of the Faculty.
- Claire Naudi - Mechanical & Materials Engineering (2016)
- Katherine Manweiler - Engineering Finance and Stores (2015)
- Sarah Williams - Dean's Office, Human Resources (2014)
- Karen Norman - Boundary Layer Wind Tunner Laboratory (2013)
- Allison Stevenson - External Services (2012)
- Clayton Cook - University Machine Services (2011)
- Joel Eckert - Information Technology Group (ITG) (2010)
- Jan Shepherd McKee – Undergraduate Services (2009)
- Barry Kay – Information Technology Group (2008)
- Sandra Vilovski – Electrical & Computer Engineering (2007)
- Nina Lowes – Undergraduate Services (2006)
- Walid Altahan – Mechanical & Materials Engineering (2005)
- Kathy Lesko – Chemical & Biochemical Engineering (2004)
- Chris Seres – Mechanical & Materials Engineering (2003)
- Jacquie Taylor – Electrical & Computer Engineering (2002)
- Souheil Afara – Chemical & Biochemical Engineering (2001)
- Sue Chapman – Dean’s Office (1999)
- Gary Lusk – Civil & Environmental Engineering (1999)
- Doug Phillips – University Machine Services (1998)