Summer Engineering Co-op Program
What is Summer Engineering Co-op
The Summer Engineering Co-op Program is designed to assist students in finding quality paid engineering work placements for the summer months. The duration of the co-op is four months - from May to August.
Why should you participate?
- Gain hands-on experience related to your academic program
- Develop marketable skills employers are looking for in new recruits
- Clarify your career goals and objectives
- Earn a salary to help offset the cost of tuition
- Build a professional network with employers and engineers in your field
- SECOP position may provide you with an opportunity to pursue an Internship placement with the same employer
- Many employers view co-op work terms as an opportunity to assess candidates for future full-time positions after graduation
Who can participate?
- All full-time undergraduate engineering students who are returning to Western Engineering (full-time) for both the fall and winter semesters
- Students who have a cumulative academic average of at least 65% and no scholastic/academic offenses
What is the enrollment process?
- Co-op information sessions are available annually in the Fall Term.
- Submit Application Fee Payment on Engineering Ecommerce Site
- Online registration begins Sept. 10, 2018 on CareerCentral
What are the costs?
2019 Summer Engineering Co-op Fee Information:
- Application fee is $100 Dollars (payable when you apply)
- Direct Match Co-op fee is $100 Dollars
- Co-op fee for a position secured from a Summer Co-op posting on CareerCentral is $300 Dollars
- Co-op fee will be reduced by $100 dollars upon successful placement
What does an employer expect?
- Motivated and enthusiastic students
- Clear, neat and organized resumes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical and professional judgment
- Responsible and accountable student employees