After Admission

Spencer Engineering Building

Welcome to Western!

Welcome to Western and the Graduate program in Civil and Environmental Engineering.  We look forward to working with you during your time at Western.  Below is information that is important to know when you arrive on campus. 

  • Familiarize yourself with our beautiful campus by checking out our campus maps. Venture and explore for yourself what our campus has to offer.  
  • International students must present a valid study permit to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (located in the International & Graduate Affairs Building, Room 1N07) before your student account will be activated. You cannot enroll in courses, pick up your student card, or bus pass before showing proof of a valid study permit.
  • Go to the Office of the Registrar in Western Student Services Building main floor - pay fees (MEng) and get your ID card/photo. Click here for fee schedule
  • Research students need to apply for a Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN).  
  • If you have not already done so, please activate your Western email address by going to ITS activation page. Students are encouraged to use their Western e-mail address all the time when corresponding to any Western offices. 

For more information, please view the Information page for your program – Masters in Engineering or Research (MESc and PhD).