Skip to Content
Published/In-press peer-reviewed publications (since 2012)
- Yun* D. M., Song Y. and Herrera J. E. (2017). “Electronic structure changes in the nitrogen doped VOx/TiO2 system during catalytic partial oxidation of ethanol". Molecular Catalysis. Revision requested by editor.
- Guo* D., Johnston* S. and Herrera J. E. (2017). “Influence of drinking water quality on the formation of lead corrosion scales on lead pipes". Water Research. Submitted
- Yun* D., Song Y. and Herrera J. E. (2017). "Supported vanadium oxide clusters in partial oxidation processes: Catalytic consequences of size and electronic structure.". ChemCatChem. 9: 3655-
- Yu* T. and Herrera J. E. (2017). "The Mechanism of Surfactant Assisted Dispersion of Single- Walled Carbon Nanotubes in Polyvinylpyrrolidone Solutions". Colloids and Surface Science. 2(3): 96-106.
- Nguyen* V., Yun* D., Sakulchaicharoen*, N and Herrera, J. E. (2017). The Reducibility and Cluster Size of Vanadium Oxide as Potential Descriptors of Its Catalytic Activity in the Partial Oxidation of Ethanol. International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. In Press
- Yun* D. and Herrera J E. (2017). "A novel methodology for in situ redox active site titration of TiO2- supported vanadia during ethanol partial oxidation catalysis". Journal of Catalysis. 350: 72- 85.
- Yun* D. and Herrera J. E. (2017). "Ethanol partial oxidation over VOx/TiO2 catalysts: the role of titania surface oxygen on the vanadia reoxidation in the Mars-van Krevelen mechanism". ACS Catalysis. Revision requested by editor.
- Guo* D., Robinson C. I. and Herrera, J.E. (2016). "Mechanism of dissolution of minium (Pb3O4) in water under depleting chlorine conditions". Corrosion Science. 103: 42-49.
- Mohammadzadeh* M., Basu O. and Herrera J. E. (2015). "Impact of Water Chemistry on Lead Carbonate Dissolution in Drinking Water Distribution Systems.". Journal of Water Resource and Protection. 7: 389-397.
- Davis* T. J. and Herrera J. E. (2015). “The role of nanotube alignment on their ability to reinforce PVP-Chitosan composites”. Journal of Nanoengineering and Nanomanufacturing, 1 .5: 247-254.
- Guo* D., Robinson C. I. and Herrera J. E. (2014). “The role of Pb(II) defects on the dissolution of PbO2 under depleting chlorine conditions”. Environmental Science & Technology. 48: 12525- 12532.
- Abdullahi* I., Davis* T. J., Yun* D-M. and Herrera J. E. (2014). “Partial oxidation of ethanol to acetaldehyde over surface-modified single-walled carbon nanotubes”. Applied Catalysis A: General. 469: 8-17.
- Yun* D., Zhao* Y., Abdullahi* I. and Herrera J. E. (2014). “The effect of interstitial nitrogen in the activity of the VOx/N-TiO2 catalytic system for ethanol partial oxidation”. Journal of Molecular Catalysis Chemical. 390: 169-177.
- Abdullahi* I., Sakulchaicharoen* N. and Herrrera, J. E. (2014). “The role of the Fe-MgO interaction in the selective growth of single-walled carbon nanotubes by chemical vapor deposition of methane” Diamond and Related Materials. 41: 84-93.
- Abdullahi* I., Sakulchaicharoen* N. and Herrera J. E. (2013). “Selective growth of single-walled carbon nanotubes over Co–MgO catalyst by chemical vapor deposition of methane”. Diamond and Related Materials. 38: 1-3.
- Abdullahi* I., Sakulchaicharoen* N. and Herrera J. E. (2012). “A mechanistic study on the growth of multiwalled carbon nanotubes by methane decomposition over nickel-alumina catalyst”. Diamond and Related Materials. 23: 76-82.
- Herrera J. E., Isimjan T., Abdullahi* I., Ray A. and Rohani S. (2012). “A nanoengineered VOx catalyst supported on highly ordered TiO2 nanotube arrays. Synthesis, characterization and activity for ethanol partial oxidation”. Applied Catalysis A: General. 13: 417-418.