Welcome to Western Engineering's new Development Academy!
Western Engineering is committed to the development and enhancement of all our faculty and staff members personal and academic successes. The We Act working group has identified that training and development is a high priority for faculty and staff at Western Engineering. As a result of a survey conducted in October 2015, we have identified opportunities that our faculty and staff have indicated they would be interested in. Some of these topics include:
- Conflict resolution
- Handling difficult conversations
- High quality personnel supervision
- Leadership training
- Wellness workshops
- Office 365
Initiatives established through the Development Academy will not only aide in enriching teaching and learning experiences for our faculty and staff but also offer support in research, leadership and administrative processes.
Highlighted Upcoming Training Workshops
- Mentoring of Graduate Students and Managing Research Groups - Thursday February 9, 2017 from 12:00pm - 1:30pm (SEB 3109)
- Writing Multiple-Choice Questions to Assess Higher Order Thinking - Friday March 10, 2017 from 10:30am-12:00pm (TSC Rm 121 - Weldon Library)
- MITAC's Funding Opportunities - Thursday March 23, 2017 from 12:30pm - 2:00pm (SEB 3109)
- Using your Student Questionnaire on Courses and Teaching Results to Inform your Teaching - Thursday April 27, 2017 from 1:30pm - 3:30pm (TSC Rm 121 - Weldon Library)