- Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems
- Computer Arithmetic and Architecture
- Fault-Tolerant Computing
- Computation for Cryptography and Error Control Coding
My Research Group
- Dr. Heyssam El-Razouk, Postdoctoral fellow
- Dr. Mostafa Taha, Postdoctoral fellow
- Ms. Dipanwita Gangopadhyay, Ph.D. candidate
- Mr. Amin Monfared, Ph.D. candidate
- Ms. Hu Xiaoting, visiting Ph.D. candidate
- Ms. Doaa Ashmawy, MESc. candidate
- Dr. Heyssam El-Razouk (Ph.D. Aug. 2015). Thesis Title: Hardware Implementations for Symmetric Key Cryptosystems.
- Mr. Amir A. K. Geran (MESc, Oct. 2014). Thesis title: A Multiple Bit Parity Fault Detection Scheme for The Advanced Encryption Standard Galois/Counter Mode.
- Mr. Sasan Khoshro (MESc, May 2013).
- Thesis Title: Design and Evaluation of FPGA-based Hybrid Physically Unclonable Functions.
- Present Position: Design Engineer, Evertz Microsystems Ltd, Burlington, ON.
- Dr. Ebrahim A. H. Abdulrahman (Ph.D. Dec. 2013).
- Thesis Title: Efficient Arithmetic for Implementations of Elliptic Curve Cryptography.
- Present Position: Assistant Prof., Dep. of Computer Engineering, University of Baharin.
- Dr. Reza Azarderakhsk (Ph.D. Dec. 2011).
- Thesis Title: High Speed and Low-complexity Hardware Architectures for Point Multiplication on Binary Elliptic Curves.
- Present Position: Assistant Prof., Dep. of Computer Engineering, Rochester Institute of Tech, USA.
- Dr. Mehran Mozaffari-Kermani (MESc. April 2007 and Ph.D. Aug. 2011).
- Ph. D. Thesis Title: Reliable and High-Performance Hardware Architectures for the Advanced Encryption Standard/Galois Counter Mode.
- MESc Thesis title: .Fault Detection Schemes for High Performance VLSI Implementations of the Advanced Encryption Standard.
- Present Position: Assistant Prof., Dep. of Electrical & Microelectronic Engineering, Rochester Institute of Tech, USA.
- Dr. Arash Hariri (Ph.D. Aug. 2010).
- Thesis Title: Arithmetic Units for the Elliptic Curve Cryptography with Concurrent Error Detection Capability.
- Present Position: Member of Technical Staff ASIC/Layout Design Engineer, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Markham, ON.
- Mr. Adem Aksoy (MESc Dec. 2009).
- Thesis/Project Title: Fault Detection in Montgomery Computation.
- Present Position: Senior Corporate Applications Engineer, Synopsys Canada, Mississauga, Ontario.
- Mr. Mohsen Bahramali (MESC Dec. 2009, Co-suprevised with Prof. Jiang).
- Thesis Title: Security of Network-Based Control Systems.
- Present Position: Design Engineer, Evertz Microsystem, Burlington, Ontario.
- Mr. Christopher Kennedy (MESc April 2009).
- Thesis Title: High Performance Hardware and Software Implementations of the Cyclic Redundancy Check Computation.
- Present Position: Design Engineer, Rianta Solutions, Kanata, ON.
Opportunities in My Research Group
Positions for PhD students and post-doc are available.