Summer Program Coordinator
The Summer Program Coordinator works in a team environment with the Western Engineering Outreach Team and reports to the Outreach Programs Coordinator, Faculty of Engineering. Theis role is to assist with the planning and operation of all summer programs including – Discovery Western Day Camp, Western Engineering Summer Academy, supervision of staff and special events.
Job Start Date: 07/01/2017
Job End Date: 08/31/2017
Successful candidates will also be required to attend a paid orientation & training session on June 17, 2017
Rate of Pay: $14 per hour
Hours of Work:
- Full time (~ 35 hours per week): July to August
Interested applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Engineering or Science program at Western University.
- Have experience working in a camp setting and/or with children & youth.
- Previous experience supervising a staff team of 8-10 people
Additionally applicants must possess the following skills:
- Passion for working with children
- Well organized
- Strong leader
- Strong communication skills with a variety of audiences
- Takes direction well
- Excellent time management skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, Excel & Publisher.
- Police Record Check- including Vulnerable Position Screening is required
- Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle is an asset
Applications are now open: Please visit Working at Western and search for job #8709 to apply.
Deadline to apply is: February 17, 2017