Our Accelerated Master’s program provides Western University’s top undergraduate engineering students the opportunity to obtain a master’s degree in BME one year after completing their bachelor degree.
To qualify for the Accelerated Master’s program, students must have a minimum average of 80% in second- and third-year of their engineering programs.
How to Apply
- Students should contact the BME office to indicate their intention to apply and identify their intended supervisors by March 1 of their third year.
- Qualified students should submit their applications.
- Students are allowed to take up to two term graduate courses in their fourth year. These courses are in addition to the normal fourth-year course load and they cannot be used as credits towards their BESc degree.
- In fourth year, students must maintain a minimum average of 80%
- For students who are in the concurrent degree program, this process will take place in their fourth and fifth years of study.
- Students are encouraged to apply for scholarships to support their summer research (e.g. NSERC).
For more information about our Accelerated Master’s program or for details regarding financial support, please contact the Biomedical Engineering office.