Girls Recognizing Engineering and Technology Retreat
G.R.E.A.T. 2017 registration is now FULL - To be added to our waiting list please email email@example.com
G.R.E.A.T. stands for Girls Recognizing Engineering and Technology and it is a camping weekend retreat for girls entering grades 4 through 8 in August. It is designed to introduce science and engineering and acts as an extension to our summer science and engineering camp.
This is our 17th year offering the G.R.E.A.T. program, and through it we hope to break down gender-biased engineering stereotypes and develop female interest in engineering. It is special opportunity for girls to come together and actively participate in design and technology based projects.
G.R.E.A.T. 2017 Camper Information
- Dates: The 2017 GREAT weekend will be running the weekend of August 11-13.
- Location: GREAT will be located at the Bryson Camp Centre at 531 Windermere Road in London, Ontario. For a map to the campground, please click here.
- Cost: The cost for G.R.E.A.T is $150, and includes all materials, activities, a DW T-shirt, food, and accommodations for the weekend.
- Weekend Agenda: 2017 GREAT Booklet
Our online registration page is available here: Online Camp Registration.
We recommend that you use Mozilla Firefox or Safari for the online registration.
Our paper registration page is available here: GREAT Camp Registration Form.
Spencer Engineering Building, Rm. 2081
London, Ontario, Canada
- Arrival at the campground is between 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on August 11. Please eat dinner before you come as we will only have snacks available on Friday.
- On Saturday and Sunday, our energetic instructors will lead campers in exciting and interactive projects and activities. We will be playing some games that involve running, so please bring appropriate footwear.
- Throughout the weekend we will have access to both the indoor and outdoor facilities, including a fire pit! The girls will have the option of sleeping outside under the stars or inside the Bryson Centre in bunk beds.
- Pickup on August 13 is at 12 p.m. at the Byrson Centre.
Campers should bring the following:
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Sleeping mat (ex. Air Mattress or foam)
- Running shoes/athletic wear
- Bug Spray
- Changes of clothes
- Warm clothes for the campfire
- Lawn chair/folding chair for the campfire
Meals and More:
Discovery Western provides campers with breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday, as well as breakfast and lunch on Sunday. We also provide snacks throughout the day. If you do pack snacks for your camper, please make sure they do not contain nuts of any kind.
Call us at 519-661-2111 ext. 88826 between 9:00am and 4:00pm or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.